He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. -Ps. 40:1B+2
The Higher Ground Ministry is a Christ-centered, local church sponsored, support group for anyone who has been personally affected by any addiction in their life or the life of a family member or friend. The foundation of this ministry is the Bible, God's Holy Word, which alone is sufficient to deal with addictive-compulsive behaviors in ourselves and in the lives of others. We have found and believe that the only way to be delivered is to have a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. This relationship is possible, because of His atoning death on the cross and becomes a reality in our lives through repentance, faith, confession and forgiveness.
I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6
The goal of Higher Ground is to lead participants to personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and to promote continual spiritual growth, through instruction, encouragement and local church involvement.
We accept a Biblical model based upon the belief that addictive-compulsive behaviors are sinful life dominating habits which one develops to cope with the world as they perceive it and to serve the idols of their hearts.
Precepts for Deliverance and Spiritual Growth (Isa 28:10, II Pet 1:5-9)
1. We admitted that we were sinners by nature and by choice and that we were in bondage to addictive compulsive behaviors which had affected every area of our lives and those around us. Romans 3:23
2. We identify the idols of our hearts using Biblical terminology, repent of them, confessing them as sin and rely on Jesus Christ alone for deliverance. Ezek. 14:1-8
3. We surrender our life and our will to God in the person of Jesus Christ as He is revealed in the Bible. Acts 16:31, Phil. 3:8, Rom. 10:9
4. We take full responsibility for the wrongs we have done and avoid blame-shifting or rationization. Prov. 28:13
5. We confess all known sins to God and to anyone else who has been personally affected by them, and trust God to fully forgive and cleanse us of our sin based on the merits of the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. James 5:16, I John 1:9
6. We cooperate with God in the person of the Holy Spirit in making the changes which He reveals to us in His Word, the Bible, and become accountable to a mature believer who can assist in making these changes. Phil. 2:12-13, II Tim. 2:2
7. We read God's Word daily, pray and fellowship with other believers so that God can continue to show us the areas that need to be changed and how to change them. Heb. 4:12
8. In our prayers, we ask for the knowledge of God's will and the power to carry it out. Phil. 3:10-11, Luke 22:42
9. We become part of a Bible-believing, Christ-honoring church where we can serve God and others. Heb. 10:25
10. As we continue to grow in Christ, we make every effort to carry this message to others who need it and to continue to walk in obedience to God's Word, the Bible. In this way, we will fulfill the commission of our Lord Jesus Christ by passing on what we have received. Matt. 28:19-20
126 Washington Ave, Bridgeport, CT (203) 331-9224
Black Rock Congregational Church
3685 Black Rock Tpk., Fairfield, CT (203) 255-3401
Calvary Baptist Church
988 Post Rd, Darien, CT (203) 655-0318
Gospel Light Community Church
222 Charles St., Bridgeport, CT (203) 368-6591
Trinity Baptist Church
300 North Benson Rd., Fairfield, CT (203) 255-3977
Take control of the web page by creating a user account now and using the ASSIGNED ID and PASSWORD assigned to you at the time the website was created to associate your web page with your new user account. If you have an existing user account, sign in and add the site to your account dashboard.
If you don't have the ID/Password combination for this page, please type the code '' below to have it sent to the e-mail address on file.
Page Seen: 2,607 times