Walnut Grove Baptist Church is a small country church located in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of Rochester, NH. The church was founded in 1864 and has faithfully declared the message of new life in Jesus Christ. Our Sunday Morning Worship service includes a blend of worship and praise choruses along with the great hymns of the faith. We also spend time in intercessory prayer for the needs of our people. The major focus of the service is the relevant and practical teaching of the Bible. We currently average about 50 people at our services. Our small group meetings throughout the week are designed to provide a more intimate setting for fellowship and spirtual growth. Our church also places a major emphasis on supporting the work of our missionaries who are laboring for the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world. Our motto is "A Country Church with a World Vision". The core values of our church are: Love God...Love People...Make Disciples. We are an intergenerational church where whole families worship together for the entire worship service. If you are looking for a small church that teaches the Word of God, why not visit us? Our Worship Service is at 9:30 AM every Sunday.
Our Sunday Morning Worship Services : We are beginning a new sermon series in the book of Philippians entitled "Joy in the Journey".
We have small groups meeting for study, prayer and fellowship throughout the week. We are currently studying Charles Stanley's "30 Life Principles".
* Ladies Prayer: Mondays, 8:30 AM at the Taylors' home
* 30 Life Principles: Groups will meet beginning in September at the Huggards' home on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:45 PM, at the monthly Men's Breakfast on the 2nd Saturday at 8:00 AM, on the 3rd Thursday at 6:45 PM and the 4th Friday at 10:15 AM.
* Blessed Unions: A small group of young married couples will resume meeting again in September on the last Friday of the month. We will begin a study entitled "The Art of Parenting".
* Tara Estates Study: Meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 1:00 PM and 6:30 PM at the Cooks' home in Tara Estates.
* Men's Study/Prayer/Breakfast: Every Wednesday morning at 6:00 AM at Benedicts Restaurant
* We minister regularly at a number of nursing homes in our community and we also prepare and serve a meal to needy folks once a month at the House of Hope in Berwick. ME. We also have an Easter sunrise service in our parking lot overlooking some beautiful fields and Christmas candlelight services on the Sunday evening before Christmas.
* "Working Out...Working In - Part 2" - sermon from Philippians 2:12-18 for Sunday, May 25. Worship Service is at 9:30 AM. Join us!
* We are collecting support for Options in Dover through their annual baby bottle drive. Options is a ministry helping women choose life for their unborn babies. Pick up a baby bottle and fill it with change (and bills and checks) and return it to church by June 16, Father's Day.
We are an independent church that believes in the inerrancy of the Bible, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, His virgin birth, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection and imminent return. We believe the church is comprised of all those who have genuinely placed their faith in Christ to forgive their sins and to give them new life in Him. We believe in a literal heaven and hell: heaven, the eternal abode of the followers of Jesus Christ; hell, the place of conscious eternal separation from God for those who choose to ignore or reject Christ. We believe the Christian life involves living under the guidance and empowering of the Holy Spirit, engaging in worship and fellowship, seeking to obey the principles of the Scriptures and telling lost people about Jesus Christ.