Walnut Grove Baptist Church is a small country church located in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of Rochester, NH. The church was founded in 1864 and has faithfully declared the message of new life in Jesus Christ. Our Sunday Morning Worship service includes a blend of worship and praise choruses along with the great hymns of the faith. We also spend time in intercessory prayer for the needs of our people. The major focus of the service is the relevant and practical teaching of the Bible. We currently average about 50 people at our services. Our small group meetings throughout the week are designed to provide a more intimate setting for fellowship and spirtual growth. Our church also places a major emphasis on supporting the work of our missionaries who are laboring for the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world. Our motto is "A Country Church with a World Vision". The core values of our church are: Love God...Love People...Make Disciples. We are an intergenerational church where whole families worship together for the entire worship service. If you are looking for a small church that teaches the Word of God, why not visit us? Our Worship Service is at 9:30 AM every Sunday.
Our Sunday Morning Worship Services : We are beginning a new sermon series on the books of 1st and 2nd Thessalonians
We have small groups meeting for study, prayer and fellowship throughout the week. We are currently studying Charles Stanley's "30 Life Principles" and other topics. Small groups are on hold during the pandemic
* Ladies Prayer: Mondays, 8:30 AM at the Taylors' home
* Men's Study/Prayer/Breakfast: Every Wednesday morning at 6:00 AM at Benedicts Restaurant
* 30 Life Principles Groups will meet beginning in September at the Huggards' home on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:45 PM and on the 4th Friday at 10:15 AM.
* 2nd Saturday Men's Breakfast/Study - In Decemeber we are beginning a six-session study, "Leading and Loving" studying what it means to be the husband God intended us to be.
* Blessed Unions: A small group of young married couples will resume meeting again in September on the last Friday of the month. We will begin a study entitled "The Art of Marriage".
* We minister regularly at a number of nursing homes in our community and we also prepare and serve a meal to needy folks once a month at the House of Hope in Berwick. ME. We also have an Easter sunrise service in our parking lot overlooking some beautiful fields and Christmas candlelight services on the Sunday evening before Christmas.
* Prayer/Fellowship - Thursdays 6:30 PM on Zoom
* The Portrait of a Patriarch sermon for Father's Day, June 21, 9:00 AM on Zoom
We are an independent church that believes in the inerrancy of the Bible, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, His virgin birth, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection and imminent return. We believe the church is comprised of all those who have genuinely placed their faith in Christ to forgive their sins and to give them new life in Him. We believe in a literal heaven and hell: heaven, the eternal abode of the followers of Jesus Christ; hell, the place of conscious eternal separation from God for those who choose to ignore or reject Christ. We believe the Christian life involves living under the guidance and empowering of the Holy Spirit, engaging in worship and fellowship, seeking to obey the principles of the Scriptures and telling lost people about Jesus Christ.