Walnut Grove Baptist Church is a small country church located in a beautiful rural setting on the outskirts of Rochester, NH. The church was founded in 1864 and has faithfully declared the message of new life in Jesus Christ. Our Sunday Morning Worship service includes a blend of worship and praise choruses along with the great hymns of the faith. We also spend time in intercessory prayer for the needs of our people. The major focus of the service is the relevant and practical teaching of the Bible. We currently average about 50 people at our services. Our small group meetings throughout the week are designed to provide a more intimate setting for fellowship and spirtual growth. Our church also places a major emphasis on supporting the work of our missionaries who are laboring for the kingdom of God in the United States and around the world. Our motto is "A Country Church with a World Vision". The core values of our church are: Love God...Love People...Make Disciples. We are an intergenerational church where whole families worship together for the entire worship service. If you are looking for a small church that teaches the Word of God, why not visit us? Our Worship Services are at 8:30 and 10:15 AM every Sunday (except for occasional times when we combine for one service at 9:30 AM - see "UPCOMING EVENTS" below).
Our Sunday Morning Worship Services : We have begun a sermon series in the gospel of Mark
We have small groups meeting for study, prayer and fellowship throughout the week. Many of our small groups this year will be studying Francis Chan's book "Multiply" to help us become more effective disciples and disciplemakers for Jesus.
* Ladies Prayer: Monday, 8:30 AM and the Taylors' home
* Multiply Groups: Groups meet at the Huggards' home on the 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:45 PM, at the monthly Men's Breakfast on the 2nd Saturday at 8:00 AM, on the 3rd Thursday at 6:45 PM and the 4th Friday at 10:15 AM and the last Friday of the month at 7:00 PM
* Tara Estates Study: Meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at the Cooks' home in Tara Estates
* Men's Study/Prayer/Breakfast: Every Wednesday morning at 6:00 AM at Benedicts Restaurant
* We minister regularly at a number of nursing homes in our community and we also prepare and serve a meal to needy folks once a month at the House of Hope in Berwick. ME. We also have an Easter sunrise service in our parking lot overlooking some beautiful fields and Christmas candlelight services on the Sunday evening before Christmas.
* Sunday, December 17: Sermon: What Became of Jesus When He Came to Earth? Two services: 8:30 AM & 10:15 AM
* Christmas Candle Light Services - Sunday, Dec. 17 - Two services: 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM. Message: "The Neverending Story"
* One service on Sunday, December 24 and on December 31 - 9:30 AM
We are an independent church that believes in the inerrancy of the Bible, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone, His virgin birth, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection and imminent return. We believe the church is comprised of all those who have genuinely placed their faith in Christ to forgive their sins and to give them new life in Him. We believe in a literal heaven and hell: heaven, the eternal abode of the followers of Jesus Christ; hell, the place of conscious eternal separation from God for those who choose to ignore or reject Christ. We believe the Christian life involves living under the guidance and empowering of the Holy Spirit, engaging in worship and fellowship, seeking to obey the principles of the Scriptures and telling lost people about Jesus Christ.
Page Seen: 17,904 times