1. Of the Scripture, We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men, divinely inspired by God.( 2Tim.3:15-17, Prov.30:5-6, Romans 2:12, Phil.3:16, 1John 4:1, 1Thess.5:21, 2Cor.13:5)
2. Of the True God, We believe that there is one and only one true and living God, spiritual and personal Being, the Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the universe.(John 4:24, Ps.147:5, Ps.83:18, Ex.15:11, Mark 12:30, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Eph. 2:18)
3. Of the Fall of Man, We believe that man was created by the special act of God as recorded in Genesis. He was created in a state of holiness by God but tempted of satan and fell from his orginal holiness. (Gen.1:27,Gen.3:6,24,Romans 5:19,Isa.53:6,Eph.2:1-3, Ezk.18:19-20)
4. Of the Way of Salvation, We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace. (Eph.2:8,John3:16,Phil.2:6-7,Isa.42:21,Isa.53:4-5)
5. Of Justification, We believe that justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon righteousness of all sinners who believe in Christ. (John 1:16, Acts 13:39, Romans 5:9, Romans 4:4-5, Romans 5:19)
6. Of the Freeness of Salvation, We believe that the blessings of salvation are made free to all by the Gospel. (Isa.55:1, Romans 16:25-26, John 5:40, John 3:19)
7. Of Grace in Regeneration, We believe that regeneration or the new birth is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit. (John 3:3, 2Cor.5:17, John 3:8)
8. Of Repentance and Faith, We believe that repentance and faith are our sacred duties and also insepartable graces, wrought in our souls by the regenerating spirit of God. (Mark 1:15, John 16:8, Luke 18:13)
9. Of Sanctification, We believe that sanctification is the process by which, according to the will of God, we are made partakers of His holiness. (1Thess.4:3, Prov.4:18, 1John 2:29)
10. Of the Gospel Church, We believe that a visible Church of Christ is a congregation of baptized believers associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel. (1Cor.1:1-13, Acts 2:41-42, 1Cor.11:2)
11. Of Baptism and the Lords Supper, We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and we also believe that the body of Christ should commune together in the partaking of the Lords Supper. (Acts 8:36-39, Matt 28:10, Romans 6:4, Acts 2:41-42, 1Cor.11:26, 1Cor.11:28)
12. Of the Christian Sabbath, We believe that the First day of the week, being Sunday, is the Lords Day and is to be kept sacred to religious purposes. (Acts 20:7, Ex.20:8, Isa.58:13-14, Ps.118:15, Hebrews 10:24-25)
13. We believe that there will be a judgment of the righteous and a judgment of the wicked. (Mal.3:18, Romans 1:17, 1John 5:19)
14. Of Stewardship, We believe that God is the source of all blessings and that He blesses us to be a blessing to others. (1Peter 4:10, 1Cor.16:1-2)
15. Of the Resurrection, We believe that Christ was buried and rose again, appearing to the disciples in many convincing manifestations. (Matt.28:1-6, Luke 24:1-7)
16. Of the Return of the Lord, We believe that the New Testament teaches in many places the visible and personal return of Jesus to this earth. (Matt.24:36, Acts.1:11, Rev.19:11-16, 2Thess.1:1-12)
17. Of the World to Come, We believe that the end of the world is approaching that at the last day Christ will descend from Heaven, and raise the dead from the grave to final retribution. (1Peter 4:7, Acts. 1:11, Acts.24:15, Matt.13:49, Matt.25:31-46)
The Full Gospel Baptist Church is not a denomination or religious sect. The Full Gospel Baptist Church is distinctly a fellowship as defined herein: A Fellowship which embraces all ministries, churches, individuals, or other constituents that acknowledge and accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. The Fellowship is inclusive to all baptized believers who acknowledge and accept the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Fellowship is in communion with all who agree and are willing to abide by the set forth structure outlined both in the vision of the Fellowship, and the policies implemented thereof. The Full Gospel Baptist Church was established for the purpose of bringing the body of Christ together... with one accord in one place. The focus of the Full Gospel Baptist Church is to fulfill the call of the church so that the power of God may be manifested throughout the local body. We believe God is calling many from traditionalism to become viable voices in reaching this world for Jesus Christ. Knowing that God has instructed His people to be filled with the Holy Spirit, which means to be under the control and leadership of the Holy Spirit as instructed in Ephesians 5:18, we acting upon His word, are experiencing this new level that He has called us to achieve. The Full Gospel Baptist Church strives to enhance and encourage Pastors and their members to reach their full potential and accomplish the purpose for which God has ordained.
Herman Baker III was born in Chicago on January 18, 1963. the firstborn child of two born to Joann and Herman Baker Jr.. He attended A. O. Sexton Elementary and Chicago Vocational High School both on the southside of Chicago. He joined church at the age of 14 under the leadership of Rev.Clay Evans, Pastor of the Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church of Chicago. He sang in the youth choir and was a member of the witnessing team at the church. God called him and spoke 3 words (PREACH MY WORD) in the spring of 1978,not knowing that this was the call of God on his life, he went to his Pastor and explained it to him. Pastor Evans told him to wait and see if what he felt was real. So on December 3rd, 1978 at the age of 15 he was given the opportunity to preach his first trial sermon entitled "TIME IS WINDING UP" in front of at least 400 members,guests,family and friends. He also received his License to Preach that day. In 1995 he was ordained into the gospel ministry.In 1998 he was blessed to have the opportunity to be under the leadership of Rev. Allen Turner Pastor of St. Matthews M.B. Church of Livermore Ca. the experience was fulfilling and he was sad he had to leave, but God still had plans for him. So in the spring of 1999 he moved back to Chicago to organize a church(Light of the World Ministries) would be the name. It will be a church for all GODs people. A Full Gospel Baptist,bible believing,spirit-filled Holy Ghost Church. Pastor Baker has been blessed with a Beautiful, Wonderful and Saved wife and mother Laura Lynn Baker. He was blessed again 7 more times with 7 children: Juell-21, Angel-20, Lakesha-19, Jonathan-19, Tamara-15, Daniel-15 and Jordyn-11.Pastor Baker has also attended Chicago Baptist Institute,Voice of Prophecy Bible School and World Christianship Ministries where he received the Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree,But as he said GOD is still not through with him yet.
Our Church Covenant
Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior, and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father,and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,we do now in the presence of God,angels,and this assembly,most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love, to strive for the advancement of this church,in knowledge,holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry,the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotion; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger;to abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating drinks as a beverage, and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love. to remember each other in prayer. to aid each other in sickness and distress, to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech, to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation,and mindful of the rules of our Saviour, to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that, when we remove from this place, we will as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of Gods Word. And now unto Him, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, be Power and Glory forever. Amen.
What is the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship The Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship is just that, a fellowship of churches. Full Gospel is NOT a denomination and welcomes churches of various denominational affiliations to come and join. Although we hold to traditional baptist doctrines concerning salvation, church autonomy, and baptism, Full Gospel churches believe that all of the gifts of the spirit are available today, that miracles are real, and that the biblical offices (Bishop, Overseer, Pastor, etc.) exist in the church today and should be utilized.Is Full Gospel A Denomination? No! Full Gospel is a Fellowship (all the fellows in the same ship) of churches who come together to "Change A Generation" and to "Give Baptist's the right to choose". Members of Full Gospel can be dually aligned with whatever denomination they choose.
Take control of the web page by creating a user account now and using the CHURCH ID and PASSWORD assigned to you at the time the website was created to associate your web page with your new user account. If you have an existing user account, sign in and add the site to your account dashboard.
If you don't have the ID/Password combination for this page, please type the code '' below to have it sent to the e-mail address on file.